I have a Dell business account, and had no major problems. Then, I opened up a Dell "Preferred" account. I was not able to buy anything with that account. Then I called the company, and I was told there was some information that they could not verify (hello!!!! I have a business account with the same freaking SSN, and you guys were happy with that account).

Well, so far it's only the typical corporate BS. What happened next was stunning. When I asked what was wrong and how i was supposed to fix it, I was told that I, the account owner, was not entitled to my personal information. When I told them that I wanted to close my accounts, both personal and business, guess what they told me: "you are not allowed to close your account."

I don't know what get into their head, but they need to do some reality check before telling their customers that they are not entitled to their own information.

I submitted a complaint to the BBB. If that does not solve the problem, I think I need to send a complaint to FTC. After all, there is an open account on my credit report from Dell, and I can't even close it? What a load of BS.

Had an Experience with Dell Financial?

Comments

Alienware - All down hill from here Alienware "Now im on the phone being told they cant replace it because they have to more (waste more of my time) steps to go through before replacement can be approved..." Read more Indy Jarvis  - Complete Scam Indy Jarvis "I purchased a unit from a small business called Indy Jarvis. The owner contacted me often, after I showed some interest in his product. I finally decided to order the..." Read more Micro Center - Worst customer service at westbury, NY- CSR - ALI L Micro Center "I went in store traveling 15 miles to get free micro SD card and he started asking me questions that I felt were very inappropriate. I felt he(ALI L) was..." Read more Computeruniverse - Defective from the factory expencive laptop.Lenovo support does not replaced Computeruniverse "this email i was send it to "https://www.computeruniverse.net" that is the retail shop and to "Info-Lenovo-DE@medion.com" that is the lenovo support in germany . They answered this "Dear Mr.Athansios, Thank you for your..." Read more Century Communities Refusal to Fix Their Issue Century Communities "My wife and I bought a home in the Reserve at Bay Creek in Loganville Georgia on January 20, 2016. Almost immediately (January 22, 2016) we started noticing water stains..." Read more Don't use Tradesy. Tradesy "I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled... The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks...." Read more Lasership - Horrendous Lasership "Lasership messed up one of my Sephora orders, erroneously sending it from MA where I live, to Virginia, then back to MA. I didn't get it for another week, and..." Read more Bosley - Not good at all Bosley "It happened 2 years ago, in Feb, I believe. I paid 14k to have 2,500 grafts put in. I went back a year later was kinda happy with the results..." Read more